Here is how it works:
- Farmers add and update their own inventory, pricing and set purchasing minimums on the Puget Sound Food Hub website
- Buyers receive a fresh sheet by email every week reflecting current seasonal offerings
- Buyers shop online from multiple farms, compare products, and read farmer profiles including the Who, How, and Where the food is produced – learn about each product, growing methods and certifications
- Buyers choose a delivery date and pay one invoice online by credit card or purchase order (for qualifying customers)
- Farmers receive orders by email with a delivery deadline
- Farmers harvest, pack and deliver all of their orders to the nearest Puget Sound Food Hub aggregation site before the scheduled deadline
- Prepaid orders are picked-up or delivered to customers on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Customers are billed in one invoice. Farmers get paid through weekly
The Puget Sound Food Hub Cooperative saves time and money for both farmers and their customers. Customers can order from multiple farms through one vendor agreement and receive one succinct order that covers all their vegetable, fruit, meat, and dairy needs. Single aggregated delivery is convenient, significantly reduces the carbon footprint, and ensures a product that is fresher and more nutrient-dense for the consumer.
Farmers don’t have to spend time organizing customer payments. Farmers can spend less money on fuel, labor, and transportation costs, and spend more time doing what they do best- making our food delicious and nutritious! Energy costs are kept to a minimum with centralized cold storage and PSFH procedures ensures food safety, transparency and quality for everyone.
It is important for buyers enrolled with the Puget Sound Food Hub to understand that there are no cancellations allowed once an order period closes. As a buyer you know that our farms are harvesting specifically to fill each individual order. Cancellations after an order period closes may result in the farm having to discard or otherwise lose sales on product set aside for your order. Because of this, buyers may be charged a cancellation fee of up to 50% of the product total. We appreciate your understanding.