The Sales Account Manager is responsible for all aspects of PSFHC sales. The PSFHC has an aggressive goal of growing sales in 2018 and beyond. We are seeking an ambitious and experienced account manager to build relationships and develop market opportunities for PSFHC members.
The Puget Sound Food Hub Cooperative (PSFHC) is a farmer-owned cooperative serving the Puget Sound region. The mission of the Puget Sound Food Hub Cooperative is to provide our region with direct access to locally produced foods while supporting the sustainability of our local farms. We do this by providing sales, marketing, aggregation, and distribution services for member farms and ranches. Operating in King, San Juan, Island, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties, the PSFHC and our network of aggregation sites support a direct relationship between regional farmers and their customers, enabling a values-based supply chain for food safety and transparency.
The Sales Account Manager will create and implement a sales plan to increase sales to existing customers and market to new customers to expand the existing customer base. This individual will be responsible for identifying new accounts for PSFHC members and successfully obtaining orders from these accounts. The Sales Manager will also work with existing accounts to increase sales per customer. The Sales Account Manager will develop and maintain relationships with wholesale distributors, restaurants, retailers, and institutional buyers. This is an outcome based position; the Sales Account Manager is expected to provide opportunities for farmer members that will generate sales.
The Sales Account Manager will also assist with marketing and promotional activities for the PSFHC and will work with members individually or in groups to assist in identifying and making efficient decisions that will lead to successful sales results for members. This position requires extensive work throughout the market service area with flexible working location and hours. The offices of PSFHC are near Mount Vernon, Skagit County, Washington. The position is expected to be based in King County, Washington. Compensation for this position will be a salary plus quarterly bonuses based on sales results.
This position will report to the General Manager.
- Implement a sales plan and work with PSFHC staff and members to increase sales to institutions, grocery stores, restaurants and wholesale customers
- Develop strong relationships with retail, foodservice and wholesale businesses
- Foster and facilitate relationships between farmer members and buyers
- Develop and implement sales strategies to meet sales goals of the cooperative
- Perform daily sales activities, staying in touch with customers, calling for orders, and anticipating their needs
- Communicate effectively with customers; offer order suggestions and alternatives as appropriate
- Ensure customer satisfaction while meeting sales targets and long-term goals in line with PSFC mission, principles and values
- Build relationships with farmer members and vendors and understand their products and volumes
- Facilitate production planning between farmer members and buyers
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to provide marketing and branding support to PSFHC members
- Assist with promotion of PSFHC at appropriate conferences and trade shows
- Maintain record of activities using Smart Sheets or other appropriate data base software
- Maintain a high level of integrity as a representative of PSFHC
- Collaborate with the PSFHC team for planning, implementing and evaluating marketing/sales strategies
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of sales experience in the Seattle market
- Sales experience with grocery chains, institutions and large-scale wholesale customers preferred
- Knowledge of Washington food and farming industry and food distribution channels
- Proven negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Degree in business/marketing or equivalent
- Strong analytical, written and verbal reasoning skills
- Excellent computer skills and ability to pick up on new systems and software
- Self-directed with good organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
This is a full-time exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience, qualifications, and salary history. Benefits and travel reimbursement will be provided in addition to the base salary. A quarterly bonus will be paid based on sales results.
E-mail a PDF containing a cover letter, resume and list of references to David Bauermeister, PSFHC General Manager at David@PugetSoundFoodHub.com. Please reference “Sales Account Manager” in the subject line.
Applications accepted until the position is filled. The first round of reviews will begin Feb. 26, 2018.